Many of you might think that loss of sexual desire would be fun and beneficial. The height of longing and abstinence in the middle of a cozy king-sized bed and the excitement of sufficing the needs for human fleshafter may be surreal. To some, however, loss of libido isn’t something to laugh about. It is a serious issue which puts not only emotional but also marital statuses at risk of falling apart.
According to the American Medical Association, millions of women (about 50% of the female population to note) are reported to suffer from a disorder concerning lack of sexual drive or libido. In the UK, a markedly increase in number of women experiencing lack of urge to engage in sexual activities is reported.
With over hundreds of thousands of women reporting their lack of sex drive, experts conclude the lack in libido in females occur more frequently than in men. Experts term this disorder as Female Sexual Arousal Disorder or FSAD. This is a type of disorder wherein the female experience a lack of desire for sex. Though the orgasm is deemed to have no faults at all, the concept of love-making isn’t realizable at some point.
What causes lack of female libido?
The origin of lack of sexual desire may be physical or psychological. Physical and psychological causes of decrease or lack of libido include:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Diseases such as anemia and hypothyroidism which affects the hormonal balance of the female body
- Childbirth wherein hormonal changes postpartum occur and deliberately lead to loss of sexual desire. At some point, many women adapt to the role of being mothers almost instantly after giving birth and have a tendency to forget about sexual responsibilities with the husband.
- Medications such as antidepressants and contraceptives
- Hormonal abnormalities – a dysfunctional production of leutenizing hormone (a female hormone associated with the menstrual cycle) often cause a decrease in libido.
- Depression and anxiety
- Past sexual problems/abuse
- Relationship problems
What can you do?
Seek medical and psychological consult. You can see a Gynecologist or a sex therapist to track down the possible causes of this lack of libido. More often than not, these latencies in sexual drives are attributed to psychological and emotional factors. Nevertheless, it is still wise to have yourself checked.
Decrease in libido is not something you treat as is. What medical and health related professionals do is to treat the underlying cause. Additionally, they might be able to provide you with helpful pieces of advice on how to reignite your silent and cold nights.
What is the treatment for loss of libido?
Up to this point, pharmaceutical companies and medical researchers are looking for reliable and safety solutions to lack of sexual drive. More than treatment and medical consultations, what is important is a supportive and an understanding partner who is as willing as you are to remedy this problem.
Not every female in the world is pretty much grateful of how their breasts seem to appear. Women wanting to undergo breast enlargement aren’t illogical as the other half of the population might think. For various reasons, women ended up improving their breast size.
Breast enlargement through augmentation is a common procedure undertaken by many women to improve the size and appearance of their breasts. Statistics show that in 2008 alone, over 350, 000 breast augmentation procedures were done. This invasive procedure involves surgical incisions and placements of a medical prosthesis in the form of breast implants.
Breast implants appear in 3 general types: saline implants, silicone implants and alternative composition implants. Both saline and silicone implants are elastomer-based shells. The difference lies in their filling wherein the former is filled with a sterile saline solution while the latter is made up of a sticky silicone gel. The miscellaneous fillers for alternative composition implants may include soy oil.
The Circulating Reasons
Reasons as to why a woman might want to seek a plastic surgeon for breast enlargement vary. These reasons are typically influenced by her society, environment, support people and perceptions or ideas about self and beauty.
- Esteem purposes. The society is modeling an ideal woman with vital stats of 36-24-36. The stereotype appearance of beauty in women, as connoted by society itself, unintentionally tampers into the esteem levels of women. With the aim to be among the models of beauty, many girls invest on ‘boob jabs’. This is a self-fulfilling act which seems to enhance esteem and pride.
- To correct a deformity. Some women undergo breast enhancement to correct some deformities which can happen after childbirth and weight loss (breasts become saggy), or after mastectomy (a surgical procedure to treat breast cancer in which parts or whole of the breast is removed).
Technically, the achievement of goals is the main pro of undertaking this surgical procedure. Any girl not wanting to engage in breast enhancement will not do so unless she deems it necessary. Being able to flaunt large breasts, wear clothes she couldn’t before or pamper her own esteem is among the many psychological uplifts of breast enlargement procedures.
At the other end of the tunnel comes the other side breast augmentation.
- It is expensive. Breast enlargement procedures aren’t shouldered by your medical insurances. Remember that these procedures are cosmetic surgeries and insurance companies do not invest much on these types of interventions as they are costly.
- Scars may develop. This is a surgical intervention and will require cuts and incisions.
- Implant failure and/or rejection. Breast implants are foreign bodies and might be rejected by the natural bodily systems. If this happens, a systemic inflammation might occur to get rid of the implant.
Whether it’s for esteem purposes or to simply get someone’s attention, breast augmentation must always be a though-out strategy.
Everybody’s into it. The craze of intimacy and the sweet surrender of everything a woman and a man has are things which seem so casual nowadays. Men do it all the time – everywhere. As for women, they plunge into intimacy under the hypnotizing aroma of scented candles and rose petals. The classic sweep-the-woman-off-her-feet trick is a cliché; but a notable one throughout the decades. As a woman, how well do you understand your sexual drives?
Libido is an individual’s sex drive. In simpler terms, it is your desire to commit to sexual activities and actions. It is, however, variable between individuals and is greatly affected by various factors such as psychological factors (lack of intimacy, lack of partner and stress), physical factors (diseases such as anemia and hypothyroidism, drug abuse, alcohol abuse and smoking) and medications (antidepressants and contraceptives).
Historically, it was the great psychologist Sigmund Freud who coined the term ‘libido’. He referred to it as the force or instinct energy contained within an individual’s id. It is viewed as something that passes on the developmental stages of an individual. It fixates on erogenous zones at a given period in an individual’s life. Failure to adapt and cope with the demands of these developmental stages stimulates the libidinal energy to fixate, thus, creating certain pathological characteristics which might ensue until adulthood.
The Truths about Sex Drive in Women
Anyone might tend to overlook it but there is a great difference between the sexual urges of men and women. Although commonly referred to as a basic need for survival, men and women share diverse concepts about libido. The following might present general concepts on sexual urges but individuals might still present some variations.
- Women put emotional attachment into sexual activity. Women value the emotional connections between sexual desires. Their perception of libido is heavily influenced by social factors, cultural factors, environment and context.
- Women are less likely to think about sex. According to a research conducted in Florida, USA, it was found out that men were reported to have more unplanned sexual arousal and frequent fantasies compared to women.
- Women’s sexual inclinations are more fluid yet complicated. A recent study showed that men are very particular with the things that arouse them, who to have sex with and who to fall in love with. The results found a predictable pattern among men with choices of arousal circumventing on male-female and female-female sex. On the contrary, women subjects of the study showed results of arousal on male-female, female-female and male-male sex. These results brought experts to conclude that women have less directed sexual drives.
- Women on plots. Women are contextual when it comes to sex. There has to be a plot, much like romance novels do. According to experts, women pay attention to the anticipation and the longing more than to the satisfaction.
Libido is a subjective issue. Opinions may vary and contradict.
Libido is a term born out of various contexts. According to many experts, it is the desire of an individual to commit to sexual activities. The famous psychologist, Sigmund Freud, is the one who popularized the term libido and defined it as an instinctive energy which travels through the developmental phases of an individual. However, what libido might mean to a specific individual is variable and is shaped by differing opinions, beliefs and understanding. Do you understand your own sexual needs?
Women´s perception of sexual desires, urges and drives are extremely shaped by societal values and context. Generally, sex isn’t something that a woman might desire to give at circumstances she doesn’t find fitting unless it is demanded for survival. A woman sees sexual interactions emotional in nature. She is turned on by romantic music, scented candles and a cozy sofa. Sexual expression in the form of a romantic plot is important for women. Girls fall over sweet serenades and dreamy bed scenes they most often read about or see in movies.
What Women Want You to Know
Although women, nowadays, are pretty much open to sex as an issue, not everyone are well informed of the facts surrounding it as a concept and a need. Even women themselves aren’t aware of how the sequence of events and things patch up to reach orgasm. What are the truths you should know about women´s sexual drives?
- Conversations turn on women. A good talk is a great aphrodisiac. Notice when women would love to engage in lengthy talks just before they go to bed with a man? Good conversations make women feel loved, adored and assured that she is not pushed too hard to commit to sexual activities.
- A woman doesn’t separate sex from her life. How a partner treats her outside of bed greatly influences her sex desire. Most often than not, loss of interest on sex are greatly attributed to many relationship problems happening outside the confines of the bedroom.
- Sex isn’t a serious matter – at all times. Many men take sex too seriously to the point of losing the romance, mischief, fun and passion. For a woman, light-heartedness make these intimate moments more special.
- Attention in lovemaking is important. Men often fell asleep or feel so tired after the sexual activity. During the height of the intercourse, endorphin level of man shoots up and declines suddenly afterwards (refractory phase), making his system shut down. This process occurs gradually in women. Understanding is needed in this phase to avoid frustrations. Women need to understand that this is a normal body response. If you don´t want him to sleep on you, you might as well tell him – gently. Don´t put him down.
Women´s sexual responses are differing but have a general basis. Ultimately, it all starts with the nice feeling. It is a warm body rush that leads to degrees of psychological and physical responses.
The issue on bigger or smaller breasts shouldn’t be taken lightly. Although many women try to make fun of what seems to be a natural occurrence, some women are very particular and sensitive about breast issues.
Commonly resorted to for aesthetic purposes, breast enhancement is a widely sought surgical procedure. The question now is, of all the plugged information about breast enhancement how much of these do you understand? Here is a list of frequently asked questions you might as well want to ponder on. Remember that this procedure takes ample planning and consideration. It must never be hastened.
What are breast enlargement techniques?
Breast enlargement or enhancement aims to give your breasts a fuller and firmer appearance. Breast augmentation or breast enhancement surgery is the most common and the fastest cosmetic technique done to improve the appearance of the breasts. Most of these surgeries use a breast implant which is a medical prosthesis to shape or reconstruct the breasts.
Other alternative techniques involve usage of over-the-counter or prescribed firming creams or lotions and dietary supplements. These products are designed to enhance cell and tissue growth on the chest area. Some experts might also advise chest exercises to enhance the muscle growth and mass on the chest area, thereby, enhancing breasts as well.
How much does a breast surgery cost?
Generally, breast augmentation surgeries will cost you around £3000. However, this price may vary depending on the cosmetic surgeon. Interventions are still individualistic. Some clients might require intensive care while others will not. The price range is evaluated depending on the crucial points of the surgery and recovery. Nevertheless, most of these surgeries are already offered with plans or at flexible rates.
Are breast surgery insured?
This depends on your insurance company. Generally, though, cosmetic surgeries are not insured. Since they are costly, many insuring companies don’t find them a worthwhile investment.
How long will I be under surgery?
The procedure takes about 1-3 hours depending on the surgeon and how much work should be done.
How long is recovery after surgery?
2 weeks to 6 weeks is recovery period. If your work requires less activities and movement, you can return to normal routine by at least a week of rest. However, if your work requires strenuous activities such as carrying, lifting or workouts; you might want to apply for a leave. These surgeries will require you to stay out of strenuous activities for at least 4-6 weeks.
Will you need a medical consultation after surgery?
Yes, you will. A follow up consultation is always necessary for the surgeon to note the progress of healing and the effects of the possible medications you might be taking home. It is, therefore, important to comply to follow up check-ups. If swelling or pain persists after the surgery, seek medical consult even if it’s not the scheduled date. That is a medical emergency. Ask and be informed.
To be or not to be – that is the question! Breast enhancement is a dilemma faced by many women these days. Would bigger breasts mean a more ‘in’ look? Would undergoing a ‘boob jab’ be the wisest investment to take? Some women might take these issues lightly and stand idle by, contented of how their own breasts appear. To some, however, this isn’t a fleeting a setback. Small breasts, to the rest of the female population, can mean drastic esteem and ego damage.
The thing is, breast enlargement surgeries are growing concerns. More than the efficiency and guarantee of results, the longevity and side effects of these surgeries are concerns which many consumers want to put an end on. It’s about time you get your facts straight. The most common concerns about breast surgeries are listed here. Feel free to read and moon over.
- The Cost. Breast surgeries are expensive. Most often than not a single breast surgery will cost you an average amount of $3000-$4000 as of 2011. This is not a precise rate range as the procedure varies from one surgeon to another and is dependent of various factors such as the work to be done, the interventions inclusive of the procedure and some discounts and rate changes arranged with the doctor. One thing that you should note is that these breast surgeries are not usually covered by the insurance company because of their cost.
- The Breast Size. Looking for the perfect implant size is important in a breast surgery. You certainly do not want to go out of the operating room dissatisfied with your new boobs. It is important, that you discuss the size possibilities with surgeon meticulously. Preferences and needs have to coincide.
- Recovery Period. You will need to have 2-6 weeks of recovery with maximum avoidance of strenuous activities. Workouts and gym sessions are prohibited for at least 6 weeks. Less strenuous activities may be performed 2 weeks after the surgery. Always take precautions, though.
- Scarring. There may be visible scarring on incision sites, but these are usually minimal.
- Breastfeeding for Moms. It is possible to perform breastfeeding after breast enhancement surgeries. This is because the milk ducts remain as in even with surgery. Therefore, the function to produce milk is intact. However, breast reduction surgeries may damage the milk ducts and realign the nipples, making breastfeeding impossible.
- Implant for Good. Breast implants are known to last for a decade or so. Recent studies and releases show that breast implants can already last for 3 decades and even for a lifetime. The longevity of the implant is still dependent on the product, though.
- Cancer and Implants. Although many claims that breast implants predispose breast cancer, research and studies conducted do not show any evidence or truth to these claims.
Breast surgeries offer efficiency and guarantee results. Just make sure that it is what you want.